Maintaining the health, safety, and wellness of our residents and staff is the number one priority of Ginger Cove. We continue to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation and follow the continuing guidance and directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Maryland Department of Health (MDH), and Governor Hogan.
Effective Wednesday, March 25th, the entire Ginger Cove community (including Independent Living) will be closed to non-essential visitors. Only Ginger Cove staff and other healthcare professionals will be permitted in campus buildings.
Family members who wish to drop off items may continue to do so at the Ginger Cove Screening Station located at the corner of Riva Trace Parkway and River Crescent Drive. These items will be delivered to residents.
Essential visitation will be determined by the Ginger Cove Director of Nursing, Maseray Bayoh-Sensie (410-224-8142 or email@example.com).
As an alternative to visitation, video conferencing is available through the Wellness Director, Alena Daily. To arrange for this, please contact her at 410-571-8005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents should not leave Ginger Cove for reasons that are not medically necessary. Ginger Cove staff are available in the Convenience Store to order items from the grocery store, CVS, etc., for all residents.
We are encouraging residents to follow “social-distancing” recommendations to remain six feet away from others. Small groups of residents (6 – 8) gathering together are currently acceptable as long as “social-distancing” is followed. Holding these small gatherings outdoors (weather permitting, of course) is encouraged. If the Café’ becomes overcrowded, residents are invited to use the Bar area.
Residents are not asked to self-quarantine unless they are newly-moved in, returning from out of state, or if they are sick and need medical attention.
Other actions implemented:
- All dining rooms, the bar, and the café are closed until further notice.
- A Ginger Cove staff person will be available to prepare residents’ favorite coffee drinks from the café’s coffee machine from 8 am to 7 pm daily.
- Resident meals are being delivered to resident apartments by Ginger Cove staff, free of charge. Menus and directions for ordering have been distributed.
- All scheduled on-campus entertainment, meetings, and classes are cancelled at this time. Off campus trips are cancelled as well.
- All non-medically-related Ginger Cove transportation is cancelled for 30 days. Ginger Cove will provide transportation to residents who have scheduled medical appointments. Ginger Cove transportation to churches, grocery shopping, events, etc. is cancelled for 30 days.
- To assist with residents’ grocery and personal care needs, the Convenience Store has increased its inventory and extended its hours.
- Staff are working with residents to procure additional grocery and personal needs through Amazon Fresh, Peapod, etc.
In these unprecedented, stressful times, Ginger Cove appreciates the cooperation, patience and support of our extended community as we work to keep residents and staff healthy and well. We will continue to keep residents, family members and staff updated on any news, emerging issues, or changes in regular operations.