Career Posted On: July 18, 2018
- Provides direct care to residents including personal care, feeding, medications, treatments and proper documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Health Center.
- Gives and receives report.
- Answers the telephone inquiries about residents.
- Assists with orientation, teaching and supervision of nursing personnel.
- Receives and transcribes physicians’ orders.
- Assesses residents’ condition and needs.
- Contributes toward development of resident care plans utilizing all knowledge of restorative and rehabilitative nursing principles.
- Admits and orients new residents to the Health Center.
- Checks all equipment to ascertain good working conditions. Monitors supplies and inventory. Requests supplies as needed.
- Performs charting duties, keeps narcotic records and medication records.
- Assists in arranging transport to other facilities and for appointments.
- Administers emergency care, notifies physician and family or resident’s representative of emergency and renders follow up care according to orders.
- Checks charts for specified treatment and medication as ordered for individual residents.
- Makes rounds every hour.
- Checks and administers medications, performs other professional nursing duties as required.
- Responds immediately to Health Center residents’ emergency call system and takes appropriate action. Documents all such occurrences.
- Accompanies and assists physical with examinations. Review care plan, medication, stop orders, prescriptions needed. Notifies doctor of condition charges in resident or any unusual or abnormal observations.
- Performs restorative and rehabilitative nursing for residents by teaching self help and independence in activities of daily living, according to the resident care plan. May help prepare resident for discharge. Instructs relatives.
- Endeavors to meet all emotional, social and spiritual needs of all residents.
- Inserts nasogastric tubes per physician’s order.
- Responds to emergency calls from residents as necessary.
- Maintains nurse’s station and medication preparation room as prescribed by law.
- Attends in-services and staff meetings.
- Performs any other related duties as requested.
Job Type: Full-time