Career Posted On: March 5, 2020
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for working in accordance with established policies and procedures, and/or special instruction from the Administrator. Organizes, directs, and coordinates all cleaning services personnel toward a clean, orderly, attractive, and safe environment within the facility. Hires, trains, supervise, and evaluate all housekeeping and laundry personnel. Will provide necessary departmental supplies and equipment within budget. Assists and communicates with residents and other building personnel, and ensures that the vision, mission, and value statements of Ginger Cove are maintained at all times.
- Ensures that the attainment of Ginger Cove Mission Statement takes precedence over all decisions and actions.
- Establishes and maintains work standards, procedures, and training for all housekeeping and laundry personnel in accordance with established policies, and state and federal regulations.
- Develops and maintains a written work plan of operational excellence for housekeeping operations for each area of the facility with each task categorized as to daily, weekly, monthly, or annual assignment.
- Evaluates new housekeeping and laundry equipment, supplies, and methods on an on-going basis.
- Interviews, selects, hires, orients, evaluates, and terminates department personnel as required.
- Promotes team building and collaboration by developing and maintaining effective working relationships within the department and with individuals and other departments.
- Monitors compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements, including MOSHA/OSHA, all health, safety and sanitation regulations and all Ginger Cove policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to work hours on all three shifts and weekends and will be responsible for covering during the absence of a supervisor on any of the shifts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare environment: 4 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service Principles and Practices: 5 years (Required)
- specialized experience in Environmental/Linen Services: 7 years (Required)