Ginger Cove was founded by a group of local, forward-thinking, idealistic and community-minded retired friends who believed that the Annapolis community would benefit from a continuing care retirement community. In this scenic location, on the banks of Gingerville Creek, they dreamed that a new community would be built to offer people of a certain age a gracious, lively and fulfilling lifestyle characterized by independence, dignity and security.
After years of perseverance and following a dream, Ginger Cove opened its doors to its first residents and staff members (affectionately called our “pioneers”), on August 8, 1988, with buildings 2000 to 7000.
Ginger Cove has continually expanded in phases over the years. The second phase, completed in 1990, included the 1000 and 8000 buildings, Friendship Hall (our auditorium) and the original pool. A Health Services expansion was completed in 1993, adding additional skilled nursing beds and the Clinic. In 2003, the assisted living building was constructed. Just five years later, in 2008, to celebrate its 20th anniversary, the community launched an extensive expansion and renovation of its health and wellness facilities. Completed in 2010, residents now enjoy even more amenities and services, including a casual dining room with an outdoor deck; a larger indoor aquatics center; a full-service spa, business center and all-private rooms in its skilled health center.